I woke up at 3:45 this morning to my dog barking. She had a raccoon treed, and they are her nemesis because she knows they like to steal her food. As I walked out to call her inside, I noticed I had some more painful cramping. Since before beta #1, I've had cramps as though my period were about to start, so I'm used to it. But these cramps were different. I went to the bathroom and there was blood on the toilet paper...light red at first, then by the third wipe it was getting brighter. Sitting there, the first thing that popped into my head was "Thank you, God, for your mercy." I really needed confirmation that there was no hope left. I was so scared this was going to drag on for a long time, and I'm thankful it seems to be resolving itself. It's a small consolation in a really bad situation, but I'll take it.
It's 4:15 am now. I can already feel my cramps getting worse so I took a pain reliever. My cramps feel different...almost more like a burning sensation than the usual ache. It's sort of amazing what our bodies go through and how (sometimes) they just do what they need to do.
Hopefully the dog will let me go back to sleep now.
K
No comments:
Post a Comment