Beta came back negative. Not too much of surprise since I had just tested negative at home that morning. Still, it hurt to hear it officially. I haven't really let myself cry yet, but I think it's under the surface waiting for an opportune time. Mostly, I've just been keeping busy, enjoying Mr. T being home, and trying to make a plan for next time. Mr. T will be gone a lot of December and January, so we may be waiting until February to try again. We have a follow-up with our doctor on Tuesday, and I want to get his advice on waiting vs. doing another round immediately. In terms of actually going through the physical process, I didn't think it was that big a deal. Emotionally, it was a bit harder, but I don't feel like I
have to have a break. I'm sure a break wouldn't be a bad thing, though, either. Any suggestions from you guys?
As I plot for financing this next time, does anyone have any suggestions? Insurance loopholes? Low cost programs? Anything?
Also, any encouragement that your second IVF was the one that worked? I'm mostly worried about spending all this money again and being faced with another BFN.
Really, I just want to have a big angry rant and cry my face off, but I'll spare you for now. Mr. T might not get so lucky.
Thanks for reading.
K
3 comments:
Hey there - just found you randomly - no idea how - wanted you to know that I'm sorry. Failing IVF is devastating - no doubt about it.
We're in the midst of IVF#3 - wondering why on earth we're doing this again / why on earth it's so difficult for some of us. My IF blog is private. If you'd like to read along - you're certainly welcome. You can find me through our adoption blog - which is public. Just e-mail me and I'll send you an invite.
Take good care of yourself, cm
Just found your blog via Sprogblogger. I am so sorry. I wish I could tell you that IVF #2 would do the trick....
As far as pushing ahead or taking a break: it really does depend on how the both of you feel. We didn't even go to trigger for our first IVF attempt (poor response), we headed directly to IVF #2 (responded, but BFN). We waited a couple of months for IVF #3 (no trigger, poor response). So I have felt what it is like to quickly move to the next attempt and to wait.
I was really happy to move on the 1st time when I didn't trigger, but I felt a little more hesitant when I got the BFN. Ironically, literally moments after we found out that we couldn't trigger for the 3rd IVF attempt, I was on the phone talking to the financial councilor about how to proceed as fast as possible.
I hope your RE can provide some answers/suggestions. Please, take care of yourself. This hurts, I know.
Sweetie, I am so sorry. That is so hard. I'm sending you a ~~~BIG~~~HUG~~~.
Post a Comment