Monday, October 27, 2008

Countdown to Shots

Today is the day. Official day #1 of IVF #1. My first shots will be tonight around 9. I play soccer Monday evenings, so I'm going to do it afterward. The last few days I've been kind of excited start this new adventure. As it gets closer, I get more nervous, but I'm still sort of excited about learning how to give myself a shot. I guess I like new experiences, however painful/nerve-wracking. Although I may change my mind when a needle is hovering close to my skin and I'm in charge of jamming it in! In my "training" my RN said "hold it like a dart and do it quickly." Mr. T loves darts. Maybe I'll draw a target on my thigh and see if he can get a bullseye. Yeah, I know, maybe not.

There's not too much else going on on the IF front. I'm still feeling okay about ICSI and haven't really talked more with hubby about it. We still have time to decide.

On the non-IF front, my 5 1/2 year old niece has been making me laugh. I take care of her almost every day. Take her to kindergarten, pick her up, off to gymnastics, etc. Really, I'm basically a stay-at-home aunt. Anyway, the other day she looked at my bag of Halloween candy and said "Oooooh, S&Ms!" I did a double take, processed the moment, and reminded her gently that those candies are called Skittles.

And today I had to laugh when she showed up with a new stuffed animal that she named after my nurse (the one I talk to all the time). I've never really talked to my niece about her, but she picked up on her name from my phone calls. It will be fun to tell my nurse she has an awesome hot pink and white pony named after her.

I'll let you know soon how the first shots go!

K






No comments: