The aftermath of this most recent failure was fairly minor. I chalk this up to the fact that there was already a plan in place. We have IVF #3 to suffer through look forward to, though timing on that has yet to be determined. Mr. T will be gone half of May, and almost all of June and July. If the timing works out, we may be able to sneak a cycle in at the end of June, but I don't want to do it if it will be stressful. I do want to do it because I turn 30 in August and I really wanted to give myself another chance to be pregnant before then. I know it's dumb, but I also think of all people, you guys understand that desire. If we can't fit IVF #3 in June, we'll probably do it in August or September.
We had our IVF failure appointment a while (it feels like forever) ago. The doctor didn't really have much to say. We have good embryos, my uterus looks great, my response was fine, no complications with the transfers, etc. He doesn't plan on doing much different with my protocol next time. He says we could do a whole paradigm-shift in protocol, but there are no guarantees that will do us any good. And since my current protocol has been successful (in terms of number and quality of eggs), its better not to risk it. So apparently everything is fine - my silly uterus just doesn't want to welcome any tenants.
Looking forward, hopefully #3 will produce a good amount of embryos, and maybe (just maybe) will actually work! If not, we'll hope for at least one FET, and if that doesn't work, we'll move ahead to adoption. See, I have a plan. Everything is going to be fine.
Are you convinced? I'm not sure I am either.
On the real life side of things, Mr. T's birthday was this past weekend. We had a really fun dinner out with my parents and Mr. T's brother and sister-in-law who live close by. The next day we had a get-together at our house. I gave Mr. T Guita,r H.ero Wor.ld Tou.r, and that was enjoyed by all until the wee hours.
I'm getting geared up for summer. I have my first real sunburn of the season (yes, I know I should be more careful) from laying out yesterday afternoon. I was working on my bible study homework and somehow time got away from me. Now I'm wishing I could go bra-free, but me and free-swingin' just don't go so well together. Yeah, I totally just typed that and made the decision to publish it. You're welcome.
K

3 comments:
It's good to hear from you and I'm glad that you have a plan in place. I definitely understand wanting to be pregnant by your next birthday...I think my whole TTC/IF experience has been spent aiming for various markers, birthdays, holidays, etc.
I hope the next cycle brings you guys much success. Be sure to let us know how everything is going!
Hi there,
I just wanted to say kudos to you for focusing on the positive. I've resolved to do that myself.
I hope there's sugar rain in your forecast real soon!
GL!
Hoping that 3rd time is a charm...
~~HUGS~~
Post a Comment